Tuesday 6 August 2013

Bits of Tech - Zelda UDK & Mobile platformer template

Here are 2 videos showing the latest on the tech side of things.




I had this model lying around a while, viewed it in Maya, added the textures, then forgot about it.
Few months later, managed to find the website I got the model from, so re-downloaded it, and within about an hour, it went from empty map to what you see in the vid.
This is one of the first projects I've done where I have used assets not done by me (tough!) mainly due to me being stubborn before.

My main focus with this is to see how well I can replicated the Kokiri Forest in UDK, if I can get more assets I will add the AI in etc..
Also a friend has done more of a high resolution version so might bring it into modern polycounts/resolution, or using some of the tech below, make a mobile version.

Mobile platformer template http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXf4ow22mPw



This is something I have been piecing together for a while, and as a base I am using Lego!

It combines a coded side scrolling camera with 8 way movement via WASD.
All the code is done and set out for mobile use.
I wanted to stay away from a kismet camera due to the issue it can have with some other parts of the game. Although I do lose some of the freedom, the things I need I can still make work.
Also, is an melee attack, represented by the stick he is holding, soon to be made invisible and will follow the characters punch etc.

The Use, Attack and Jump buttons were implemented and rigged up to perform the actions listed.
Bar from a few tweaks to get tidy, this template can be used for a massive variety of games!
And once finished the code and packages will be put on the UDK forums website

No comments:

Post a Comment